Thank you for your interest in employment with Regional School District No. 1.
Our available opportunities are separated into three categories:
- External – anyone interested and qualified may apply for,
- Internal – full or part-time Region 1 employees may apply for (substitutes and tutors are not considered employees)
- Daily – substitute teachers and paraprofessionals, and tutors. Note: substitute teachers receive $110/day and substitute paraprofessionals receive $85/day. Daily positions are independent contractors and do not receive employee benefits.
All potential applicants should:
- Review the open opportunities by clicking on the button below,
- Complete the on-line application for the position they are interested in,
- Submit their application by the end of the position’s posted closing date,
- Complete and submit the on-line application and specified supporting documents for that position, e.g., confidential letters of reference, transcripts, etc. (If you have completed the on-line application and are waiting for supporting documents click on the “finish and submit” button. When the supporting documents arrive at our office they will be attached to your application. NOTE: Please make sure your name is clearly visible on the supporting materials that are sent separately from your application),
- Click the “finish and submit” button every time you apply for a position or make changes to your application.
To establish a complete pre-employment file (administrative, certified, or non-certified), please complete the online application. If your qualifications meet our needs, we will contact you. Application materials are retained in active status for one school year.
Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please call (860) 824-0855.
CT School District Region 1 is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Region 1 makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.