Thank you for your interest in employment with Regional School District No. 1.
Our available opportunities are separated into three categories:
- External – anyone interested and qualified may apply for,
- Internal – full or part-time Region 1 employees may apply for (substitutes and tutors are not considered employees)
- Daily – substitute teachers and paraprofessionals, and tutors. Note: substitute teachers receive $110/day and substitute paraprofessionals receive $85/day. Daily positions are independent contractors and do not receive employee benefits.
All potential applicants should:
- Review the open opportunities by clicking on the button below,
- Complete the on-line application for the position they are interested in,
- Submit their application by the end of the position’s posted closing date,
- Complete and submit the on-line application and specified supporting documents for that position, e.g., confidential letters of reference, transcripts, etc. (If you have completed the on-line application and are waiting for supporting documents click on the “finish and submit” button. When the supporting documents arrive at our office they will be attached to your application. NOTE: Please make sure your name is clearly visible on the supporting materials that are sent separately from your application),
- Click the “finish and submit” button every time you apply for a position or make changes to your application.
To establish a complete pre-employment file (administrative, certified, or non-certified), please complete the online application. If your qualifications meet our needs, we will contact you. Application materials are retained in active status for one school year.
Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please call (860) 824-0855.
The Region 1 School District is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all qualified persons. The district promotes nondiscrimination and an environment free of harassment based on an individual’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, ancestry, disability (including, but not limited to, intellectual disability, past or present history of mental disorder, physical disability or learning disability), genetic information, marital status or age or because of the race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, genetic information, marital status or the age of any other persons with whom the individual associates or status as a Veteran.
The Region 1 School District provides reasonable accommodation to persons with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). If you need accommodation on the employment application, please get in touch with the Human Resources Department at 8630-824-0855 x 1305. Individuals needing computer access or assistance completing an online employment application may visit our office located in the Housatonic Valley Regional High School – 246 Warren Turnpike Road, Falls Village, CT.