Human Resources

Welcome to the Human Resources Department

The Human Resources Department for Region 1 School District is committed to recruiting, hiring, and supporting the most qualified, passionate, and dedicated administrators, teachers, and support staff.  Our employees must be able to educate all students to their highest level of academic potential and teach them the skills and knowledge to become capable, creative, and contributing members of our global community.

The Human Resources (HR) Department of the Region 1 School District assists and supports our employees and applicants.  Whether it’s an interest in starting a new career, advancing your career goals, compliance, payroll, benefits, or leave administration.  We are happy to help you answer any questions you may have.

HR & Payroll Staff

Michelle Curtis
HR Generalist
Telephone: (860) 924-0855 x. 1305

Christine Olownia
Payroll & Benefits Specialist
Telephone: (860) 824-0855  x.1309

Gale Caruso
Administrative Secretary
Telephone: (860) 824-0855 x. 1306

Employment Opportunities

Thank you for your interest in employment with Regional School District No. 1.

Our available opportunities are separated into three categories:

  • External – anyone interested and qualified may apply for,
  • Internal – full or part-time Region 1 employees may apply for (substitutes and tutors are not considered employees)
  • Daily – substitute teachers, paraprofessionals, and tutors.  Note: substitute teachers receive $110/day, and substitute paraprofessionals receive $85/day.  Daily positions are independent contractors and do not receive employee benefits.

All potential applicants should:

  • Review the open opportunities by clicking on the button below,
  • Complete the online application for the position they are interested in,
  • Submit their application by the end of the position’s posted closing date,
  • Complete and submit the online application and specified supporting documents for that position, e.g., confidential letters of reference, transcripts, etc (If you have completed the online application and are waiting for supporting documents, click on the “finish and submit” button. When the supporting documents arrive at our office, they will be attached to your application. NOTE: Please make sure your name is clearly visible on the supporting materials that are sent separately from your application),
  • Click the “finish and submit” button every time you apply for a position or make changes to your application.

To establish a complete pre-employment file (administrative, certified, or non-certified), please complete the online application. If your qualifications meet our needs, we will contact you.  Application materials are retained in active status for one school year.

Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please call (860) 824-0855.


  Click Here To See Our Openings And To Apply

Nondiscrimination Policy

The Region 1 School District is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all qualified persons.  The district promotes nondiscrimination and an environment free of harassment based on an individual’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, ancestry, disability (including, but not limited to, intellectual disability, past or present history of mental disorder, physical disability or learning disability), genetic information, marital status or age or because of the race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, genetic information, marital status or the age of any other persons with whom the individual associates or status as a Veteran.

The Region 1 School District provides reasonable accommodation to persons with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).  If you need accommodation on the employment application, please get in touch with the Human Resources Department at 8630-824-0855  x 1305.  Individuals needing computer access or assistance completing an online employment application may visit our office located in the Housatonic Valley Regional High School – 246 Warren Turnpike Road, Falls Village, CT.

Payroll & Benefits

Regional School District No. 1 is committed to its employees and offers eligible employees competitive compensation and benefit packages.

  • Medical & Prescription Coverage
  • Dental Coverage
  • Cafeteria Plan (Section 125) and Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
  • Paid Time Off (Holidays, Sick, Personal, and Vacation)
  • 403(b) and 457b Retirement Plans
  • Life Insurance
  • Tuition Reimbursement
  • Worker’s Compensation

Open Enrollment

  • What is open enrollment?  Open enrollment is an important time every year when employees can review, assess, and modify their existing benefits or enroll in new ones.
  • How does open enrollment work?  During open enrollment, you can enroll in or make changes to health/dental insurance and sign up for a Cafeteria Plan (Section 125).
  • When is open enrollment?  June 1 – June 20 of each year.

Health / Dental Benefits

Regional School District No. 1 is part of the CT Partnership Plan 2.0 (SPP2.0).  The Medical, Dental, and Prescription Drug Coverage through SPP2.0 aligns with coverage offered to State of Connecticut employees and other Partnership Plan groups, including municipalities, boards of education, and other public entities.

Cafeteria Plan (Section 125) and Flexible Spending Account (FSA)

403b and 457(b) Retirement Plans

Payroll Schedules

Frequently Asked Questions

  • Q. How often will I be paid?  A. Every two weeks.
  • Q. Where do I change my W-4 tax withholding, address change, direct deposit, 403(b) or 457(b) contribution?  A. All these payroll changes can be made by logging into Frontline Central and clicking My Forms>Forms I Can Start.
  • Q. Why is the amount on my final pay stub different than what is listed on my W-2?  A. You contributed to a 403(b) or 457(b) plan.  You were enrolled in your employer’s health/dental insurance plan, which is a pre-tax deduction.
  • Q. How do I change dependents enrolled in my health insurance  A. Log into Frontline Central, go to My Forms>Forms I Can Start, and search for “health,” then choose the correct enrollment/coverage change form for your school and click Start This Form.
Frontline Education Solutions (Absence Mgmt., Time & Attendance, Central - Forms, Evaluations)

Log into Frontline Education to access any of the solutions below.

Absence Management
We use Absence Management to track employee absences and find the right substitutes to ensure student learning is uninterrupted.

Employee User Guide
Substitute User Guide
Campus User Guide

Time & Attendance
Non-certified employees use Time & Attendance to log their hours each day, and their supervisor(s) or administrator(s) are able to approve employee time each week.

Employee Clocking In/Out Guide (we use the manual function)
Supervisor/Administrator Reviewing and Approving Timesheets

Frontline Central brings all of our HR Captial Management solutions together.  Central is used to manage all our employee-related forms (payroll, reimbursements, contracts, etc.) and employee information and gives our employees the power to manage their own information.

Employee User Guide
Administrator User Guide

Title IX Contacts, Policies, and Training

The District recognizes that pursuant to Title IX, “no person in the United States shall, on the basis of sex, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subject to discrimination under any education program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance.

You can find information on Title IX and its implementation in the links below.

If you have any questions, please contact the Board’s Title IX Coordinator, Jeanine Rose.  Any individual may make a report of sex discrimination and/or sexual harassment to any Board employee or directly to the Title IX Coordinator using any one or multiple of the following points of contact:

246 Warren Turnpike Road
Falls Village, CT  00631
(860) 824-0855 x.1302

Title IX Policies


PowerPoint Presentations

PDF Documents

Worker's Compensation

If you’ve had a work-related injury or been diagnosed with an occupational disease or illness, please take the following steps.

Log into Frontline Central, click MyForms>Forms I Can Start, and complete the appropriate Employer’s First Report of Injury form for your school/dept.  Examples:

  • You are a special education teacher working at Lee H. Kellogg, you would complete the form PS – Employer’s First Report of Injury.
  • You are a social studies teacher at Salisbury Central School; you would complete the SAL – Employer’s First Report of Injury.

Note:  The school names are abbreviated as follows.

LHK – Lee H. Kellogg School
CCS – Cornwall Consolidated School
KCS – Kent Center School
NCES – North Canaan Elementary School
SAL – Salisbury Central School 
PS – Pupil Services Center